Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Plugged in. Pluggin' along.

Here's a little update from my iPad at the infusion center: I'm well. Baby is well. At our ultrasound last week he looked just perfect. No heart problems and everything looks to be growing and functioning like normal. Baby is very active and seems to be enjoying his stay in my womb. IV's are not fun, but the nurses are getting used to me now :-). I'm not an "easy stick" - they've started using tiny neonatal needles on me. The infusions are only taking about 5hrs and they go by quickly. I still am a little itchy from a reaction to the IVIG, but it's calmed down some and is not getting any worse. I'm in the home stretch now - 3rd trimester! Time to start thinking about getting baby clothes out of storage and bassinet set up, etc. Oh, and should probably start getting a hospital bag packed just in case - you never know :-) I'm trying not to think to much about all the complications we still could face (brain bleeds, problems nursing, c-section recovery, Down syndrome related medical problems). I know God will give us grace to face whatever He ordains. A little over two months to go!

3 comments:

  1. So glad about all the postive items in your blog. As to the frustrations, my motto is... "And this too shall pass". Love you, my niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. Praying for you all and sending my love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, thanks for letting us know how everything is going. It helps us to feel connected to you during this pregnancy since we can't "see" you in person.

    ReplyDelete