Friday, July 25, 2008

Why our dog is NOT a member of the family

  • obviously, he's a dog. See Genesis 1, Psalm 8.
  • we may return him to the SPCA anytime we see fit for no other reason than "it just didn't work out."
  • we lock him up when we have company.
  • we will not accrue exorbitant medical bills on his behalf, no matter how good our vet is :-)

I can't think of any other reasons at the moment. I just wanted to make that clear. We really love Woody, he's a good dog for our family. He's useful for scaring the "@#&*" out of people that come to my door during the day.



4 comments:

  1. This is truly sad. People like you should not get the priviledge of having a pet... or better put, just that thing that is only useful for scaring the "@#&*" out of people that come to your door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, anonymous, do you have input on what the right relationship of a pet to its family should be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I am not here to debate your opinion on the "right" or "wrong" relationship a family should have with it's pet.
    I find it very sad when people use the word "LOVE" to describe an object that is simply expendable to them. To me, that is not love.
    To some of us, our dog/pet is the only family member that we have. I read your post & thought of my friend who is blind, what her dog means to her and how she would have felt after reading this post.

    We are not all as blessed and fortunate as you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over here to laugh at your post, knowing that it was in follow-up to the light-hearted comments left on your last blog post entry.

    I have to say that I do, completely, appreciate your views on dog-ownership, though. You care for your animal as a creature created by God, but not as one created in the image of God.

    In doing this, you take good care of your dog, but you don't place his value as equal to or greater than that of a human. That would be a far more horrific alternative, in my dog-loving esteem!

    ReplyDelete