Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Doggie blog


"Owning a dog sometimes just costs money." That's a paraphrase of a friend's words to me as I debated whether or not to hospitalize Woody. He came down with a real sudden infection over the weekend. The vet wants to administer IV antibiotics and fluids. I still stand by my previous post, but I feet compelled to blog a few of the things I like about Woody. Maybe I'm trying to justify my vet bills? But, really, with my lousy memory, I just want to journal these things before I forget...

I love the way Woody:

1. follows me around the house. He always wants to be where I am. He whimpers if I leave the house (so I'm told.)

2. is so sweet with the kids. When Ruth was younger Woody would let her use him as a step stool to get up onto the couch.

3. cleans up all the kids crumbs and Paul's discarded food from the high chair. Saves me a lot of sweeping!

4. 's eye and ears perk up at the slightest whisper of the word w-a-l-k.

5. won't touch his water bowl if a piece of lint happens to drop in it, but he'll happily drink out of the toilet all day.

6. watches us pull out of the driveway when we leave, then curls up and goes to sleep until we get home.

7. "trees" all the squirrels who dare to enter his yard.

8. waits until I'm otherwise occupied (nursing a baby, giving a bath, etc.) before he digs in the trash can.

9. makes himself comfortable. Only the best seat in the house for him (our couches). And he will tug and fluff a blanket until it make the perfect cozy nest to circle down into a ball the size of a large cat.

10. hogs the fire in winter and refuses to go out in the slightest drizzle of rain.

Woody also has his share of headaches, but if I was going to list those it'd take more time than I have at my disposal! The kids will want food again. Soon. And laundry doesn't fold itself. Bummer.

4 comments:

  1. I love that deep woof woof when strangers come to the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) Yeup. That's a dog worth keeping around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Briggs, yes, not to fear, Woody's back to his old self!

    ReplyDelete