Thursday, February 5, 2009

What she really wants for valentine's day

I love capitalism and all, but I'm really tired of the valentine's day themed ads this year.

"This year, give her what she really wants:" diamonds, teddy bears, flowers, pajamas, etc.

I'm sure it won't come as a surprise to most readers that our family does not celebrate this artificial greeting card and chocolate industry holiday. Again, we definitely wouldn't discourage anyone else from sharing love and friendship with others in any way they see fit. We're just trying to be consistent here.

I decided to make a list of what I'd really want...for valentines day...or any other day:

1. More love for God.
2. Children who love God.
3. Children who love eachother (a function of #2).
4. Delicious food with zero calories.
5. Good wine.
6. Time to read. Lots of time.
7. Good conversation.

Sorry, dear, but flowers and chocolates don't quite cut it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment