Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Why I'm glad we home school:

I didn't have to wait in line in the middle of the night in JANUARY to make sure my 5-yr-old could get into the best public school (which, by the way, our tax dollars pay for to the tune of something like $12,000 per pupil a year? pardon the rant). Apparently, parents camped out over night on Sunday to get one of the 80 spots in the best elementary school in the Sacramento school district. (I tried to find a story to link you to, but you'll just have to take my word for it.)

There's a lot of other reasons we home school. There are also some good reasons we sent Phillip to a Christian school this year. Like, now he knows how to tie a tie (a real tie, not a clip on).

Here's another reason:


Sarah takes her sister to play on their new bunk bed so mommy can check her email :-)

8 comments:

  1. nice bed...where did you guys get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the bunk bed is really pretty. And it has drawers! (you can also get it with a trundle)

    Simplybunkbeds.com

    I was a little nervous when it shipped to us in 6 boxes. I was thinking we were going to have to get Rodney over for sure. But Russell got it all set up in just a couple of hours. The instructions seemed to be written by someone who's fluent in english.

    ReplyDelete
  3. =) and David says our kids are still too little for the "bunk" part of their beds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, did you see the note about Ruth splitting her lip open?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh... no. I missed that. And still can't find it.

    Eeks! Poor girl. (and Mom!) I'll be more respectful of my over-protective husband now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super. More evidence for my side of the debate. Thanks, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete