Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just incase you thought you were the only one

Fun to laugh along with someone else on the other side of the country.  I can't relate to any of this (yah, right.)

From Amy's Humble Musings:

You know, the best thing about staying home with your kids (besides being able to cyber stalk The Market Ticker) is that you are with your kids all day long. And the worst thing? I am with my kids all….day….long.

It messes with your mind.


While I am typing during “quiet time” and trying to ignore the background noise, someone is yelling, “McGregor is squirting us with the hose! Mom!!!!”

In between making sure two preschoolers don’t drown, drink bleach, and/or play in the toilet, I’ve finished correcting the following grades: kindergarten, second grade, fourth grade, and complex six grade math fractions of which I am very good with now. Go, me.


And someone is squirting someone with a hose. Clearly, these kids do not know Where The Line Is.


While fantasizing about being young, single, and loving to mingle*, I am sewing the strap on Kid #3’s shoe. It is a perfectly good shoe, and it is wrong to buy new ones if I can just… get… this…OUCH… needle through some thick Chinese canvas.


Lunch was store brand frozen pizza. I offer carrot sticks on the side when it’s the third time in a row we’ve had fake food in a week. Clearly, I am an overachiever. And no, nobody ever takes the carrot sticks.


I bought a package of overpriced organic raw almonds in another burst of “taking care of myself.” Then I turned over the empty box and read the caloric count.


The needle broke, and I am out of options since the staple gun, rope, and duct tape are at the other house. Good thing.


* (I did NOT just say that.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so funny, because it's so true. Nice to be able to confirm that I'm not the only one with those days. :)

    ReplyDelete