Tuesday, March 9, 2010

9 months

Can you believe that no one else around here gets excited about my braxton hicks contractions?

Can you believe that these people still want meals prepared, clothes washed, and to be toted around to school and activities?

Don't they know I have a bowling ball sitting on my pelvis (uh, I mean a new life living inside me)?

Poor Paul wants "Up, up!"  But I don't have anywhere to put him.

How is it these people can think of anything besides how sweet the new baby is going to look in the tiny little onesies I've washed and folded neatly into her drawer, how great the soft Pampers swaddlers smell, and how wonderful it is to hold a tiny newborn all curled up on your shoulder?


I'm exaggerating my frustrations here.  Really we're doing fine.  I've just become pretty self-centered.  Bringing a new life into the world is a big deal, something that doesn't happen every day.  Am I wrong to think that the world should revolve around me for the next few weeks?  Well, maybe not the world, but at least my household?  Hopefully I'm not being sinfully self-centered.  It's more like the focus of my priorities right now is preparing for birth and newborn-hood.  Those are big priorities! 

4 comments:

  1. =) I hear you!! Hurry up and pop her out, will ya?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, sister! It's a naturally very inwardly focused time as you prepare for your own small-m miracle. When are you due again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine: due April 5, but I'm hopeful I'll go into labor before then -- I have a lot of good contractions going on.

    But I'm also staying patient -- she'll come when she's cooked :-)

    Oh, I should mention to you that we've decided to name her Mary -- I promise we're not copying you -- but great minds do think alike :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lowery. Nice. What's the middle name going to be?

    ReplyDelete