Tuesday, June 10, 2008

since you asked...

At least Jordan and Stacy liked my potatoes (and they were gone, so I must not have made enough - sorry)! Here's how I did them, so you can attempt to replicate the magic:

I used the small golden-type potatoes (not sure what they're called since my sweet husband picked them up for me at Raley's -- but you can use any kind).

I cube them up and toss them in a bowl with a little oil (about two tablespoons -- this was canola) season salt (probably 1 1/2 teaspoons) and pepper -- this time also chopped red onion but you could add anything (bell peppers would be great).

I used a cast iron skillet heated to medium with a good amount of oil to coat the bottom of the pan.

When the pan is hot dump the potatoes in and stir, then cover for about 5 min so potatoes start cook a little. Remove the lid, stir and crank up the heat to high so they brown up. Stir every 2 - 5 min. so they don't get stuck and burn.

It's not an exact science. They're done when they look done!

6 comments:

  1. * disclaimer *

    this recipe shall not an any way be a guarantee of potato success, since I can't even guarantee it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stella's eggs were totally good too...

    also liked Artie's mac. salad.

    maybe we need a bible study cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's pretty sad that I'm posting comments to myself. o.k. on to do something more productive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I do appreciate the disclosure of your recipe...I really should get around to getting a cast iron skillet. I always carry them around and decide against it at the last minute. AND I seem to always shop for one after eating your potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw...how was the game? will he play on friday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, they won. They play friday at 6 at the Eastern LL fields.

    Just in the interest of full disclosure, I should tell everyone that Phillip usually only plays half the game (or less). He's definitely not the star player on his team! But the games are pretty fun to watch, from a "for the love of the game" point of view :-)

    ReplyDelete