Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Well-kid check ups

We stopped in for a visit with The Great Dr. Don this morning. Mary, Paul and Sarah got well-baby/kid checks. I, being the wise, experienced mom that I am, made an individual appointment for Ruth for later this month when she turns four and is due for *S-H-O-T-S*.

Speaking of which, do any of you wonderful readers have ideas on how to keep her from screaming at the top of her lungs and throwing a fit in which I have to sit on top of her and hold her arms and legs down while the poor nurse inflicts said shots? (Yes, this was not one of Sarah's more glorious moments.)

But the verdict from the Doc...

they're...

healthy!

Height and weight percentiles are all 50-75%:

Mary - 2 mo.: 11lbs 7oz, 23in.
Paul - 2 yrs: 29lbs, 34.5in.
Sarah - 7yrs: 48lbs, 48in.

2 comments:

  1. lol --- well, I don't know that my advice counts for much since I haven't even contemplated separating appointments for such events! ;) But, I've found with the older kids that warning them a few minutes (not hours, if I can help it, but Elly beat me to the warning to Mikey...) ahead of time and just being honest about the fact that it'll hurt for a second but then they'll be fine seems to work best for me! They still get a bit anxious, but they're talking about it instead of screaming about it, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Honey; Ah the David-son horror memories of shots, w/2 nurses and mom holding him down. I think Christina has a good idea, but then be prepared for resistance anyway. Maybe Patty or Laurie could help you?
    You hated them obviously, did some crying, but not the out-of-control stuff!
    Sooo, just finished quiet meditation to our FatherGOD sitting in backyard at your Dave&Kara's home...looking out at beautiful peaceful hillsides and lightning flashes across the skyline as the sun was setting.
    The only missing component is you all...to make Castle Rock a lil bit of heaven. luv&hugs mom

    ReplyDelete