Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hallmark holidays

I should be doing dishes or laundry or something but I'm going to try to bust out some content here on the blog. Watch out!

Just read this nice reflection from Dan Phillips. Well, I was going to copy and paste a quote here, but for some reason blogger isn't letting me do that. So, ugh, I guess I have to sum up.

DP is reflecting on Prov. 12:4
An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like
rottenness in his bones.

Basically, an excellent wife makes her husband feel like a king. Try that, ladies!

DP goes on to ask his female readers what they're doing to make their husbands feel like a king on Father's Day. I wanted to comment, but since my comment wasn't really answering his question I decided I'd leave my comment here on my own blog. Here's what I was going to write:

Wait, we only have to make them feel like a king one day a year?

(See why he wouldn't have liked my comment?)

But really guys, do you expect your families to buy you something (with your hard-earned money), cook you a special meal (which they do every day anyway), and extraordinarily dote on you because of some date on the calendar?

The Bible commands wives to honor their husbands day in and day out. You do that faithfully and I fail to see why any of them would need a "Father's Day."

3 comments:

  1. Okay, dear friend. So, what are you doing to make your husband feel like a king today? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, my husband is easily pleased :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here sis. Just a extra big huge from the loved ones :D Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete