Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Off to the races

The day so far:

Coffee.
Shower.
Fed 3 kids breakfast. One fed himself.
Packed a lunch.
Blow-dryer.
Dropped 1 kid off at school.
Managed to have pleasant conversation with said kid. No small task.
Phonics 30min.
Piano 30 min.
Clifford.
Bible study.
Lunch
Recess :-)
Naps and Math.
Check the outside world (email, twitter, fb).
Plan dinner and start breadmaker.
Laundry going.

Lord willing, this afternoon I will:

Pick up said kid from school.
Swing through dry cleaner (I'm spoiled to not have to iron my husband's shirts).
Pull dinner together and enjoy the evening.
Go to bed.
Repeat.


This is not a complaint. This is turning out to be a really great day. The kids have been (mostly) good company and (mostly) obedient. I don't feel overwhelmed, just busy. I'm sure those days will come, but hopefully not anytime soon. Well, a girl can hope.



Here's some shots from Phillip's last day of freedom. Like starting school is sending him off to prison or something:





1 comment:

  1. Kristen Rish VictorAugust 30, 2009 at 8:12 PM

    I just saw the PBS lineup for LA in starting Sept. 7 and I'm sorry to say that Clifford is being bumped to make room for their new show Dinosaur Train. Grrrr........ Clifford is a fave around our house!

    ReplyDelete