Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To the lady in line behind us at Kohls yesterday:

I wish you knew that taking four children clothes shopping in the late afternoon is not my idea of a good time either.

I wish you knew that my children are really wonderful and are often well behaved.

I wish you knew that I'm not one of "those" moms. I did choose to welcome all these children willingly.

I wish you knew that I do lovingly discipline my 2-year-old on a daily basis and feed my baby often.

I wish you knew that I'm sorry you had to hear their screaming, fighting and fussing while we quickly, yet un-orderly checked out.

I wish you knew that children are a blessing, even when they're noisy and unruly and that some day they will grow up to pay for your social security and medicare and possibly defend our homeland, and, even better, display God's glory in whatever vocation God calls them to.

So, next time you're in public around us, please try to keep your exhaling muffled. Please?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, have I ever been in your shoes. Unfortunately, I think that I also did my share of loud exhaling (even if it was only in my heart) before having my own kids. Yet another blessing of having children: learning humility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister.

    I have many unchristian thoughts running through my mind, so all I will say is that I am praying for her. And for you and your precious ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Children are a blessing, even when they're noisy and unruly and that some day they will grow up to pay for your social security and medicare and possibly defend our homeland, and, even better, display God's glory in whatever vocation God calls them to."

    That is a great line.

    ReplyDelete