Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Taking on a challenge

Just when I was starting to feel proud of myself for potty-training Ruth (finally), Russell tells me "I accepted a new job." In light of these new responsibilities the challenges of raising children and keeping home seem easier than before. I'm sure that's not really the case, but this new job is "heavy," to say the least.

Senate Republican Leader, Dennis Hollingsworth picked Russell to be the Republican Caucus Chief of Staff. He's excited about the work ahead of him. Since I worked for a time in the legislature, I've been able to understand Russell's job and the peculiarities of political staff, but this is somewhat uncharted territory. I didn't think it was possible for Russell to work more than he did last year, but I have a feeling he may be about to prove me wrong.

I'm proud of my husband and praying for him more. That's a good thing.

Back in the vineyard, Ruth kept her pull-up dry all night last night! Yeah!!! She had 3 accidents yesterday, but oh well. I'm confident we're on our way to potty success!


5 comments:

  1. Yay for Ruthie!!

    And yay for Russell, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy -- for Ruthie, for sure, but also for Russell. May he be a light in a dark place.

    Praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting news, all around. Way to go Ruth (and Mom) on the potty training, and very exciting news about Russell. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete