Saturday, August 22, 2015

Powering Through

I can't quite justify saying I'm in the home stretch yet, but the end is in sight. I'm just about at 33 weeks. We're scheduled to meet this baby girl on October 1, so that's 5.5-ish weeks left.

I don't remember if I shared on the blog that we do have to deal with treatment for NAIT again with this pregnancy. Most of our friends and family know that already and many have been helping watch kids while I get infusions. Baby and I are both very healthy (although baby has WAY more energy than me these days!) and infusions have been going well. I've even started looking forward to them because I get to sit in a recliner and relax for 5 hours twice a week! 11 more infusions to go, not that I'm counting.

The NAIT diagnosis was disappointing, but it's something we're used to now. I very much wanted to pursue a VBA2C delivery, but it's safer for a baby with NAIT to schedule another c-section. On the plus side is getting to deliver at the brand new hospital with all private spacious rooms and beautiful views of town. I told the husband he should think of it as a little vacation! I'll be staying as long as they'll let me :-)

So now school is in full swing, we're getting ready to send Phillip off to start his first semester at Northwestern, and also getting Ben started with his first IEP.

Does this guy look ready for preschool?


My schedule is packed with various appointments for myself and the kids and activities (soccer, swimming, piano, gymnastics, school classes) and all I feel like doing is sprawling out on the couch and eating ice cream! But the busy schedule makes the time go by fast.

Things left to do: get baby clothes out of storage, get car seat ready, line up help for the kids while we're at the hospital, pack bag, and stock up on newborn diapers and various other baby and breastfeeding supplies. But, really, I'm ready now. Can't wait to meet this new daughter, start healing, and get my body back!

I'm so blessed and thankful God has allowed me to mother this brood of children. Each one is worth the work and sacrifice involved in growing, birthing, raising, teaching, and training. Ultimately, I pray they glorify their Creator by living to make His name great through all eternity. Thankfully that's a work only He can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment