Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blog Design

OK, I promise to stop messing around with the look of the blog for a while.  I'm "design challenged" and have tried a lot of the Blogger templates and couldn't quite get one I really liked.  I wanted to use one of the layouts with an image in the background -- Blogger stocks a couple of photos of vineyards, grapes and beer which would have gone great with my title :-)  but I couldn't get them to look right with the text.  oh well.

I'll try to focus on content -- when I have time.

Meanwhile, let me direct you over to another friend's post.  He offers a great reminder to excel still more in serving the body:

I haven’t gotten as sick as bad as I did last week in a very long time... Upon hearing about my plight, one family at church decided to take action, with a promise of chicken soup for yours truly in THREE HOURS.




A couple lot of obstacles:



1.They found out at 1:00P.

2.There is at least a 25-mile gap between them and me

3.This family has two young children

4.Good chicken soup takes a long time to make

Mom made good on the promise. Dad probably gave the OK for her to go ahead and do something crazy like that, so they share top honors for the category of “insanity”.



Not only was there hot, homemade chicken soup, but dinner was decked out with:



•fresh bread (to go with the soup)

•carrots (because young men never eat enough vegetables)

•chocolate chip cookies (enough said)

And Mom brought down the kiddos too, like a good mom should (and not just leave them all by themselves).



An incredible display of grace and kindness. Totally blown away by what Mom considered “normal”. :)

 
I often forget how much hospitality and other acts of service can be a blessing to others and how they play an important role in building one another up in love.  Thanks for the reminder, Tangria!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure there could have been a way for you to link to the family that was so kind to me (and really, to our church). But it requires a bit of HTML. :)

    I wish there was a way to let others know how blessed I am by those in the body without exalting self or the honored party. But for now...blogging will do the trick!

    And thanks for the PR pitch on my journal...as if the world needed a little more hot e-air :p

    ReplyDelete