Thursday, July 8, 2010

Big 4-year-old!

So a lot has been happening in Ruth's little four-year-old world.  First, we took away the "ba-ba."  Russell swears that we took Sarah's away when she was three, but I decided it wasn't hurting much to let Ruth have hers at night.  But I've gotta draw the line at four.  That's way to old to have a "ba-ba!" 

She protested at bed time for the first week, but she slept great, even waking up to go potty and going right back to sleep.  I'm so relieved to be done with pacifiers! 

The day after Ruth's birthday she had her well-kid Dr. apmt with the dreaded s-h-o-t-s!  I cannot tell you how proud I am of that little girl.  She took her shots like a champ -- not even a peep!  I told her it was just going to hurt a little bit and we practiced a lot giving each other imaginary shots.  I am so relieved!



Rainbow sherbet to celebrate:




Paul needs some work on his ice cream cone technique:







And here's just a bonus video of Paul and me trying to get Mary to smile:


1 comment: