Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Starting to think about....

Talking with a friend from church who's getting ready to deliver a baby has started me thinking about having a baby myself. I've still got 10 weeks or so to go, but it's definitely getting closer every day! I've been feeling great and it's been an easy pregnancy, other than gaining too much weight again :-(

I just contacted our doula to see if she's available to help again. We first researched hiring a doula for Paul's birth when reading up on VBAC's. (I'm going to leave out the explanations of some of these things for the sake of the innocent.) The gist is that our doula was great, Paul's delivery was easy, and Russell won't let me have a baby any other way.

If you're interested in a professional, experienced, low-pressure doula in the Sacramento area, I highly recommend Cyndi Whitwell. She's now attended over 650 births! It's so comforting to have all that experience at my (and Russell's) disposal when the big day comes.

2 comments:

  1. she charges the going rate -- $750. It's a big chunk of change, but Russell says she's worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete