Monday, March 2, 2009

Nurturing Children

Girl Talk had a nice post about how single women can be involved in nurturing children. No, it's not through IVF!

Single women, you can express your femininity in this season of your life by nurturing other people’s children.

When you babysit, you are giving expression to your femininity. When you take an interest and reach out to children in your sphere of relationships, you are displaying your God-given gift of femininity.

And may I say “thank you” on behalf of all of us mothers! Thank you for the way you nurture our children. Thank you for the countless times you have served us through babysitting. Thank you for the way you have loved our children as if they were your very own. It means so much to us!

However, you are doing more than just blessing us, you are honoring God by giving expression to the nurturing aspect of your femininity


Then, this follow-up post was a good reminder to me to open my home, family, and life up to others. Our families should not be limited to those who share our DNA.


"My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."
Luke 8:21

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! It blessed my heart, thinking of the single gals in our church that do so love our children...

    ReplyDelete