Monday, July 21, 2008

So telling...

Did you hear that McCain and Obama are going to be interviewed by Rick Warren?
Here's my stream of consciousness:

My first thought:
"I wonder what kind of testimony of the gospel they'll give? Of course, I know they're not Bible-believing Christians..."


but then I read this:

Warren's event "will focus on how they make decisions and on some of Mr. Warren’s main areas of focus, like AIDS, poverty and the environment."


then I thought:
"eeek...that's the 'evangelical pastor's' 'main areas of focus'? How silly of me to think there might be gospel content."


then I read this:
"He said that both had readily agreed, perhaps reflecting how each candidate is courting the evangelical audience to whom Mr. Warren ministers."


then I thought this:
"do we really need any further evidence that the label 'evangelical' is completely useless? Abandon ship!!! Reformed and Bible-believers first!!! Last man to the life boats gets labeled an evangelical!!!"

2 comments:

  1. I do appreciate the way you deliver disturbing news...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i fail to understand why we should simply abandon ship and let "them" win. what word would you suggest we use in place of "evangelical?"

    ReplyDelete