Thursday, April 3, 2008

no stopping now...

New baby update:

got the official "good to go" nod from the Dr. yesterday. Said he wouldn't try to stop labor if things got going anytime from here on out. I'll be 36 weeks on Saturday. 37 weeks is considered "ideal." Anyway...I'm definitely getting ready. I think Russell is ready too-- ready to stop hearing me complain and groan :-)

For those of you who are interested in labor and delivery details:

I'm going for a "VBAC" -- that's a vaginal birth after c-section. I had a pretty painful recovery after Ruth's birth which I'd definitely like to avoid this time. Specific prayer request items related to this include
  • that labor would start (and continue) on it's own prior to mid-May.
  • that there would be no compromise of my uterine scar.
  • that I would not be bitter if for some reason a c-section becomes necessary :-)
  • that no matter what, we can be a testimony of God's goodness to those we come in contact with!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!

    So, does that mean that you're walking to the park tomorrow? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...it probably wouldn't hurt. I was hoping I could get a little more r & r in before I'm officially "full term." we'll think about it and let you know in the morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely praying for you, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all great news!

    BTW, I love the family photo! you all look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete